Thursday, July 18, 2019

Day 4 continued . . .

We, I think by accident, came across a place called Garberville.  It was up in the woods, I think along Highway 1.  There was this huge tourist trap store that was full of all kinds fun things to buy and great picture taking spots.  Here are a few.  You can see we had a great time and laughed and laughed.
W.e did buy a few things and then back in the car and headed for Fort Bragg along with the beach that is know for broken glass, called (I think) the Glass Beach.  Knowing me, I'm probably almost right, close, but not quite right.  :_)Notice the black sand.
 Again, the beach was cool and foggy.  Temperature was in the low 60's.  Chilly, brrrrr


 Cute little varmint of some kind.  He wasn't afraid of anyone.  I couldn't believe how close he let me get to him before he scurried into his burrow.
 Cute picture of Abby.  She LOVED being on the beach.  Didn't care how cold it was.  She was happy to be there.
 The glass on the beach has been so picked over and taken as souvenirs by travelers that you really have to hunt to find any.  This was some of the little tiny pieces of glass that we were able to find.
One last picture.  We were traveling some distance to get to our Thursday night San Francisco motel that Abby decided to feed Digby in the car while we were traveling.  It actually worked out perfectly.  I don't think he spilled a drop of food or a drop of water.  What a good puppy.
We reached our destination safely, thanks to Annie's expert driving, and settled in for a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment