Sunday, July 7, 2019

4th of July

This is a holiday that I love almost as much as Thanksgiving.  I am so grateful for our blessings of being a citizen of the United States.  So thankful for the freedoms that are ours to enjoy.  I love going up to Lila Mae's and celebrating.  This year Neal and Jeff played 18 holes at Wasatch Golf Course.  I dropped them off and went to Lila Mae's.  I wanted to go to the cemetery so Lila Mae went with me.  I always get teary as I stand by her grave.  I know she isn't there but I feel her spirit with me.  It is always a very tender moment for me.
From there, we went to get a drink and then to the store to buy some ice.  By the time we got back Lynda Ann and family had arrived and the party began.  We played some hands of What Were You Thinking and then we fixed lunch.  Lynda Ann was appointed the cook.  Of course, Hayley always has a book to read during the quiet moments :-)


 Every year I have my picture taken with Lila Mae on the 4th.  Another fun picture with my sister that I love dearly.  She will be 88 years old this year.
 Annie cooking hamburgers and hot dogs.  The standard 4th of July barbeque.

About this time we got a call from Jeff and Neal that they were done, so Annie and I ran and picked them up.  We had a great lunch of hamburgers, hotdogs, potato salad, veggies and fruit and Lynda Ann made her red white and blue pinwheel cookies and a raspberry dessert that was delicious.

Of course the traditional bingo game was played and Lynda Ann won the black out this year.  So far, the Gertsons have dominated the black out wins.

We had an incredible day and love being in Midway for the day.  We all left about 6:00.  Annie had to be to work at 7:00.  We've found that it is easier to leave a little early and watch the fireworks in the valley rather than in Midway and then have to fight the traffic getting out of the canyons.

Here is another picture of Lila Mae and I.  Not taken on the 4th but a long time ago.  Don't you love the long hair, Jane Fonda look!


No comments:

Post a Comment