Sunday, February 3, 2019

Stitching - always

I'm moving right along on my new project.  Because it is the first of February I have to post my progress.  After that last project I did, this is pretty easy and I love it.  Neal also took a couple pictures of me stitching.

 I actually think I'm picking out a mistake.  Mistakes in counted cross are horrible to pick out.  I try to make as few as possible.  But, I know that if I'm going to enter them in the fair they need to be almost perfect.  If there is stitch going the wrong way the judges will find it and mark you down.  If the stitching isn't perfectly even, the judges will find it and mark you down.  Everything you do has to be close to perfection.

I have to tell a story about this wad of thread.  When I do a project I bag every color individually and number each individual bag and the organize the thread numerically on a round ring.  I had a friend at work who asked me to help her with a project.  When she brought it, this is how her thread looked.  I nearly died!  I just don't know how people an work with that kind of disorganization.  I went to the stitchery store and bought all new thread an organized it and was then able to finish her project for her.  Of course I never told her.  Didn't want to hurt here feelings.  I hope she never asks for my help again!!  Not that I wouldn't love to help her again but it gets a bit expensive buying all new thread!  I know, I'm probably a little too anal with some things for my own good.  But, you can blame that on Lila Mae and my mother.  They are the ones who taught me the love for needlework and organizing!


No comments:

Post a Comment