Sunday, July 30, 2017

A thought for the week

"William Shakespeare wrote, "This above all to thine ownself be true."  Boy did he nail it on the head!
A lot of us go through phases where we think we have to be, act, and look like everyone else in order to fit in.  I tried it and it didn't work.  Now I realize God doesn't want an orchestra of identical instruments all playing the same tune, so I let go of the status quo and decided to just be me.  Besides, pretending to be a normal person day after day is exhausting!"

I read the above quote and laughed and laughed because it was funny but even more it was so very true.  It is important that we all learn to just be ourselves.  I happen to have a t-shirt on right now that says "Be You". 

Today is coming to a close on a good Sunday.  Went to a meeting out in Day Break to hear Pres. and Sister (John and Chris) speak in their new ward.  Both left a beautiful and very spiritual message.   We were glad to be there to support them. 

When we got home, we changed and I read for a while and Neal went home teaching.  When he got back we went to Ron and Judy's for dinner and to plan our calendar for the next couple months. 

On the way home, Annie called and said that they had arrived back in Salt Lake safe and sound from Wyoming.  Said they had a good time and that Andrew tried to ski.  Annie said he gave it four tries before he gave up.  I'm proud of him and glad that he at least gave it a try.  Good for you Andrew.

Time to say 'good night' and call it a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment