Saturday, September 10, 2016

Neal's surprise for me

The other day Neal and I were running some errands.  As we were driving past the Framing House he mentioned that we needed to stop there and pick up something he was having framed.  He wanted to see if it were done.  I couldn't imagine what it might be as all of my finished cross stitch was framed. When the clerk pulled this picture out I was so surprised and very emotional.  This is a drawing that my sister, Annette, did when she took an art class from BYU over 45 years ago.  I've had the drawing forever but didn't know what to do with it.  Somehow, Neal came across it and took it to the framing place and had it matted and framed for posterity.  If you look closely you will see her name at the bottom right hand corner.  I will hang this in my new guest / reading room.  I can look at it and pull out a pocket full of memories of Annette and I growing up together.  Oh how I miss her and love her. Thank you Neal for recognizing the impact this simple drawing has in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment