Saturday, February 6, 2016

The people you love here and beyond the veil

I miss Jeffrey.  I think about him every day.  My mind wanders back to the past and I remember.  How grateful I am for the gift of memory.  I heard a song once that really touched me.  You all know that I love music and especially church music.  I find so much solace, comfort and often answers to prayers.  This song was written from grandmother to daughter to grandchild.  But it could easily be written for a son as well.  It is called "The Way of Things by Johanne Perry

Is this what mama felt
When she was young
To see her daugher grow
Then give her up

Wasn't I mam's girl just yesterday
but she is grandma now
and I'm a woman in her place

And that's the way of things of things that grow
We have the destiny we can't control
And how could anyone remain the same
The mark of living things is how they change.

Is this what mama felt when she grew old
If she was ever scared it never showed
And letting mama go was strangely calm
As if she'd finished here and just moved on

Was I a mama;s girl just yesterday
But she has gone away and I am Grandma in her place
And now my little girl is mama too
And one day I know I'll leave my place to you

For that's the way of things
Of things that grow
We bloom and have our day
And then we go

But what I planted here  the seeds remain the same
And those who follow me will be the links in a living chain
Is that what mama felt that made her strong
Is that what mama knew that life goes on.







No comments:

Post a Comment