Sunday, December 20, 2015

Off to Las Vegas Nevada for the Bowl Game

Neal worked with Craig Sorenson and got 3 tickets to the bowl game between Utah and BYU in Las Vegas.  Tucker was able to get a ticket from a friend and mentioned that he thought Jaden would really like to go so Neal offered the 3rd ticket to Maren for Jaden.  Maren said it could be part of Jaden's Christmas.

We left Friday afternoon about 3:00, picked up Jaden at 3:30 at the gas station just off of I-15 and Bangerter at 3:30.  We drove to St. George and stopped at In and Out Burger for dinner before settling in for the night at Ron and Judy's condo.
 We got up the next morning and stopped at McDonalds for some breakfast before we headed to Vegas.  It was nice to have the rest that night before.
We arrive in Vegas and with Sira's help found the stadium without a glitch.  We were there about 2 hours early, which was great, and found a perfect place to park.  We were on the front row facing the street and after the game were able to pull out over the curb and on our way!

As you know, the game was good for Utah fans and not so good for BYU fans.  Of course Tucker and I had a bet and I lost!  DANG!!!  I owe him a dinner at any restaurant of his choice.  We had a fun time at the game.  It was chilly for most and cold for me but we survived.  We headed home about 5:00.  We had heard of a storm that was supposed to be along the I-15 corridor but our prayers were answered and it didn't hit until about 5:00 a.m. Sunday morning.  The traffic wasn't too bad and moved smoothly all the way into Salt Lake.  Maren was at the gas station to pick up Jaden at 11:30 p.m.  We had a fun trip - fast, but fun.  It was exciting to have Tucker come and be with us. He is a good sport even when his team wins.  He did wonder if Jaden and I wanted to change allegiance but we  declined.  We are blue to the end!!

Our tickets were on the second row!  You could almost reach out and touch the field.

 My team warming up!
 We asked a policeman to take this picture and he kindly consented.
This picture below was the highlight of my whole experience down there.  This flag was rolled out while someone sang the National Anthem.  As they had just unrolled it two jets flew low across field.  They were so low and so loud that one had to cover their ears.  We watched bank and turn and come back.  I was brought to tears as the flew over and I looked at the flag.  How I love this great land of America and am proud to place my hand over my heart!  It was an amazing experience.  One that will not be forgotten for years to come!  God Bless America!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment