Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A fun surprise!

For as long as I can remember there hasn't been a time when a box left on the front porch or a package in the mail address to me hasn't been the highlight of my day.  And I have to admit, it hasn't changed.  I think that is half the reason I order stuff on line once in a while so that I can wait in anticipation for the package to arrive.  It doesn't matter if the contents are for someone else, it is just getting a package.  How funny is that.  I came home the other day and there on the front porch was this huge box.  I tried to remember what I might have ordered but couldn't come up with anything.  I hauled the heavy box in the house and saw that it was addressed to Jamie.  Then I remembered that in her 'thank you' note she had mentioned to watch for a box of 'this and that' items.  This was their families way of saying and extra thank you.  Well, it was just like Christmas when I opened the package and peered inside.  It was so much fun pulling out all the different items that Jamie had observed Neal and I using while they were here.
 This picture is what I saw looking down in the box.
 This picture is all the items lined up on the counter that I took out of the box.  I just kept pulling more and more items out.  It was all packed in there expertly, that is for sure.  I didn't know you could order groceries like this.  She even remembered Neal's favorite breakfast cereal and that I love pumpkin right out of the can!
Thank you Jamie and family for a very fun and delightful surprise.  You certainly didn't need to do this but I have to admit that it was a delightful surprise!  I've already had a diet coke, opened the pumpkin and ate some, made some cookies, opened the nuts, used a couple ziploc bags, had a couple cookies and Neal has been working on the M&M candy and the cereal.  Oh yes, I used the flour to make chocolate chip cookies Sunday evening!  And, of course, Neal and I take our Meta Mucil every single morning!  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment