Thursday, March 5, 2015

Just a thought or two

When I look back, it’s only to see how far I’ve come, and I’m thankful for my progress.  Now that I’ve raised my family and had time to look back on the experience, I feel like I ran a gauntlet of tremendous emotional challenges and came across the finish line truly changed.  I am wiser.  I am gentler with myself.  I am a little more reluctant to judge others.  I am a far better wife and mother than I would have been without my life’s experiences.  Our family is still a work in progress, but the worst, I hope and believe, is behind us. 

We’ve had many wonderful times together. I would probably change some of the things I did as a mother if I could go back in time, and then maybe I would do just exactly the same things over again.  I still believe that I’m here for a reason.  We are all imperfect but we all have potential to be amazing.  We are all working toward that potential, in our own time and in our own way.  We are learning more about each other as we go.  That is what a family is all about.  Sometimes I smile and think we are all messed up, but you know what?  We are family.  That’s the bottom line, we are family.

And, in the end, that’s what matters. 

Love,  Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment