Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Years Day

We spent New Years Eve at the Bridge Center playing bridge and bringing in the New Year.  Today was saying goodbye to Christmas, drinking wassail and watching football bowl games – one after another!  

IMG_5945

I took this picture below for Peyton’s benefit.  That was the very first bulb I grabbed to remove from the tree and I dropped it!  Smash it went all over the floor.  I believe between Neal and I we must have dropped about 4 of them!

IMG_5946

Haven’t got the heart to get rid of my poinsettias yet so they will stay on the table and bar until they decide they are through blooming.  We’ll see just how long they will last.

IMG_5947

I needed some wassail to keep me going this morning.  I’ve had a cough and sore throat I swear since Thanksgiving.  I’m hoping the wassail will warm me up and give me some energy to face the projects for the day. 

IMG_5948

Happy New Year everyone.  I can only hope this next year will be as fun and rewarding as last year was.  Our family has been so blessed and I hope we will all look up and acknowledge where those blessings are coming from.

No comments:

Post a Comment