Saturday, January 11, 2014

Christmas at Ron and Judy’s

After the basketball game at the U of U, Neal and I were invited to Ron and Judy’s for dinner, bridge and to exchange our Christmas presents with them.  We hadn’t seen them since before the holidays so January was our first time to get together.  We had a delicious dinner, played some bridge and then decided to take a break and exchange our presents.  As I opened one of my presents I noticed a pair of scissors sitting on the top of what looked like fleece material.  My first thought was that Judy was giving me some kind of project to do and it included a pair of scissors.  I slowly pulled out the scissors and started to thank them for what I thought was a really strange gift and all of a sudden Ron and Judy burst out laughing.  Of course Neal and I didn’t get what the humor was until they explained.  Apparently, Ron was wrapping presents and all of a sudden couldn’t find the scissors.  He hunted all over the place, on the pool table, on the floor, under everything but to no avail.  The scissors had literally disappeared.  He finally had to go and round up another pair of scissors.  These presents were wrapped before the holidays so all that time the mystery of the scissors had not been solved and it had bothered Ron over those weeks, wondering how he could have lost them when he hadn’t moved from that spot while wrapping.  Needless to say, we all had a great laugh over that one and for the rest of the evening many comments were made about getting old and forgetful!  They kept the scissors and I got the blanket – which I love!

IMG_0500

No comments:

Post a Comment