Monday, June 5, 2023

While I Was Gone

 Neal called me Saturday late afternoon and said that he cut his little finger really bad while potting some plants.  He ran his hand across a broken pot and it sliced his little finger.  I told him to get to the Insta Care immediately.  I was pretty sure it needed stitches and that he would need a Tetanus shot.  He went and sure enough, stitches were required along with a Tetanus shot and a splint for his finger.  I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have gone if I hadn't insisted.  This is the pot and you can see the blood running down the front.  

Eight stitches later !!!!!!

I have to clean it, put cream on it and bandage it with the splint every night for two weeks until he gets the stitches out.  This happened Saturday while I was gone.

Sunday, our refrigerator went out!  What a mess I came home to.  Scurrying around to get coolers filled, Neal running to get ice blocks, moving food from the inside freezer to the outside freezer and trying to find room for everything that had to be kept cold or frozen.  Water from the ice maker all over the floor!  

We got a technician here today and he is replacing the compressor.  Hopefully we will have a working fridge by this evening!  It will cost us $1100.00 for parts and labor.  YIKES!!!  But, can't live without a fridge.

I think I should stay home for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment