Saturday, April 15, 2023

Temple Day

 Mallory and I decided that it would be fun to set aside a time each month to go to the temple together.  There are many temples to choose from across the valley and into Orem, Provo and Payson.  Yesterday Mallory made appointments for us to attend the Draper Temple.  I like to refer to it as the Corner Canyon Temple and I've heard a lot of people say that but it is officially the Draper Temple.  Our session appointment was for 2:00.  Mallory me me at my house at 12:30.  She got Brinkley all settled and we left about 12:50.  It was a beautiful but rather chilly Spring day.  The session was beautiful.  I LOVE the new changes that have been made in the endowment.  Before I left for the temple, I had prayed that I would feel the spirit and just maybe feel the presence of my mother, Lila Mae and Annette.  As I stepped into the Celestial Room there was such an incredible feeling of peace and comfort.  Mallory and I sat there for a few minutes just absorbing the peace and quiet and for me, feeling and knowing that mother and my siblings were there and watching over me.  Beautiful experience.

Mallory said she had a feeling that I would want a picture and she was right, as always.  I do feel bad because she seems to be the one who is always assigned to take the selfie.  She hates that, but often it is just the two of us and so she becomes the designated selfie taker!  But, there are always nice people around who are willing to step up and help.  As we were outside the temple and nice couple came up and we asked them if they would take a picture and they kindly consented.  


You can tell by the smiles on my face that going to the temple with my sweet granddaughter is certainly a blessing in my life.  Thanks Mallory for keeping me on the straight and narrow!  


No comments:

Post a Comment