Monday, July 29, 2024

Early Celebration

 Ron and Judy invited Neal and I to their home last Saturday evening to celebrate my birthday.  They are going to Bear Lake all next week and so Judy wanted to celebrate before instead of after.  She asked me what I wanted and I couldn't decide between two of my favorite meals that she makes so I told her she could pick the one she wanted.  We had a delicious shrimp dinner - which I love.  However, I think I had a little bit of a reaction to the shrimp.  Had a few hives pop up.  That's happened before.  But, the dinner was delicious and then after we had cleaned things up we played bridge.  Toward the end of the evening, she brought out dessert and then gave me my presents.  I got the best surprise.  She had also made the other dinner that I love and had everything in a box.  The meatloaf, slurry (that goes on top), dressing for the salad, the mashed potatoes and sweet onions and pickles.  On to of the meatloaf she had tinfoil and the temperature and time of baking.  


This was our shrimp dinner that Judy was dishing up.  She is such an amazing cook!

She also gave me a pizza cutter.  They had been at our home a couple weeks prior and had brought Papa Murphy's pizza with them.  They wanted to cut the pizza with a pizza cutter that I didn't have.  Thus, the pizza cutter for my birthday.  Then to top the gifts off, she gave me a t-shirt that I had seen and fell in love with.  

It was such a fun evening.  The t-shirt I tried on Sunday after church and it fit perfectly.  Love it!  Thanks Ron and Judy for continuing my 80th birthday celebration!  How wonderful to have such good friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment