Monday, July 22, 2024

The Goodbyes

 It always comes to that.  The saying goodbyes.  I think the thing that makes me the saddest is one never knows when they say goodbye if that is the last time they will see them or they see us.  Sunday Tucker and his girls went to Utah Lake to meet the Cutlers and go boating.  They were gone most of the day.  They got back about 6:30.  They were all exhausted, sunburned and very happy to tell what they accomplished.  None of Tucker's girls had been involved in water activities for years if at all so it was a fun time for them.  They were all able to get up and feel the freedom of skipping along the top of the water.  I remember those days and how I loved the wind in my face and the water splashing over me.  

After they got back we played 6-handed Rook and then everyone turned in for the night.  This morning they packed and were out and ready to go by 10:00 a.m.  Neal and I had just come back from Neal's shoulder therapy.  We had a family prayer and then with hugs and tears and lots of love, sent them on their journey back to California.  Love this family and so grateful that we were able to have them with us for a few days.  Jordyn Lyn graduates college next year - graphic design, Lexi begins her Junior year at Fresno State - probably majoring in psychology, and Peyton Jean graduates from high school and will probably go into aesthetician and cosmetology.  They are so grown up and so beautiful.  I will say here that Peyton is a total and complete mini Jamie.  Peyton and I are the teary ones.  Just can't get through the goodbyes without the tears.  Some happy tears and some sad tears.  Drive home safely and remember that you are always loved!



No comments:

Post a Comment