Sunday, September 15, 2024

Swiss Days

 I just check back on my blog and I don't see that I wrote anything about Swiss Days.  This is an annual event that Lynda Ann and I have done for as long as I can remember.  We always went to Midway and spent the day with Lila Mae and going over to all the booths set up for Swiss Days.  Lila Mae would make cookies and bread to sell.  She sold her bread faster than she could possibly make it.  When her age made it impossible for her to go over to the park, Annie and I would continue the tradition of going each year.  Now it has grown to Annie and I and Annie's girls.  We always shop for a couple hours and then meet Susan in Heber for lunch.  Susan hates crowds so never goes over to wander the booths.  We always find stuff to buy.  Lynda Ann always gets wrapping paper first and then we wander up and down all the aisles looking for that treasure that we just can't live without.  I bought the sweatshirt that I have on.  The girls always look for the knitted or crocheted chickens.  Hayley has one in her hand and there is one at the top of Mallory's bag.  It was such a fun day with perfect weather.  As tradition calls, we met Susan for lunch in Heber.  Great times, but we sure miss our Lila Mae!




No comments:

Post a Comment