Yup, just celebrated my 82nd birthday. My birthday landed on Monday this year and the next morning I was off to the temple. I couldn't help but reflect, while in the temple, how I have been blessed in so many ways. God is everywhere I look, absolutely everywhere. His fingerprints are all over those little things that I sometimes take for granted. None of them are from my planning or thoughts. He is in Lynda Ann's voice who checks in on me every day and reminds me that she loves me. He is in Tucker's voice when he asks me how my day was. He is in the flowers and salt and pepper shakers sent by thoughtful granddaughters. He is in the rainbows that arch over the Wasatch Mountains. I am overwhelmed by His love in the everyday moments of my life.
For some reason, this birthday was momentous for me. Not that I can put my finger on any one thing but the circle of love that surrounds me from my mother, sisters, children and grandchildren and my Heavenly Father. I am truly blessed.
Lynda Ann brought dinner in on Sunday. We had a delicious roast beef dinner with potatoes, gravy and all the trimmings. Those present were: Jeffrey, Annie, Mallory, Abby, Andrew, Tucker and me and Neal. It was a fun group. After dinner we played Tellastrations and Clean Slate. Abby was clearly the artist followed closely by Tucker. Both very fun games that provided lots of laughs.
Sweet note I got from Abby with salt and pepper shakers and cookies. I was so happy that she was in town working with her guide dog puppies and their trainers. What a blessing to have her here for my birthday celebration.
As I stated above, I felt surround by love from above, beyond the veil and those around me. Thanks to all for making my 82nd birthday such a special day! Love you all!!!














No comments:
Post a Comment