Neal and I ran to Costco on Thursday evening and bought sugar, corn syrup, lemon juice and strawberries and raspberries. Then to Macey's to get the pectin and lids for the bottles. Our total bill for all the jam makings was $400.00+. That includes all the berries, and makings for the jam. Not a cheap endeavor but oh so good to make and share with the kids. This year I didn't have to buy any bottles because they remembered to bring all the bottles back! That saves money for sure.
Neal and I got up at 7:00 this morning and started the jam making. We ended up doing 51 pints of strawberry jam and 37 pints of raspberry jam. I text the kids and told them if they wanted some they would have to come and pick them up. We weren't going to deliver jam this year.
Some fun pictures:





No comments:
Post a Comment