Wednesday, August 28, 2024

This and That

 I just realized that I haven't posted anything since the first of August.  I guess I got so wrapped up in my birthday celebrations that nothing else seemed all that worthy of posting.  Judy invited me and two other friends up to the cabin to stay a couple nights and play bridge.  The first group was Susan, Shirley, me and Judy.  We went up on a Sunday afternoon and came back Wednesday morning.  We had a good time and learned lots of bridge tips.  Judy and I pulled out our matching shirts and wore them when we were partners in bridge.  The girls got a big kick out of that.

Judy bought the shirt first and I saw it and loved it so she ended up buying me one for my birthday, thus matching shirts.  We don't usually like the same clothes.  Judy wear a lot of glittery vibrant winter colors and I'm not glittery and like the pastel colors.  But, this shirt was an exception.
Out in front of the cabin.  I sent this picture to Annie and she responded back that I was the cutest!  


The next weekend we had another group for bridge at the cabin.  This time we left on Monday afternoon and came back on Wednesday afternoon.  As always, we had a great time, learned lots of bridge and ate amazing food - thanks to Judy and her cooking, I've put on a couple pounds!!  I had a picture of the next group but can't find it right now.  It was Kerma, Irene, Judy and I.  

When I got back from the cabin the painters were ready to come and get my office/guest room painted.  That was an exciting day.  They came about 10:00 and were finished about 2:00.  Can't believe what an amazing difference that has made.  I think it also helped Neal see that the whole house needs a fresh coat of paint.  We've lived here for 23 years and the walls certainly need to be refreshed.  We asked the painter to give us a bid to do the main floor.  Mallory's missionary companion, Kassie, is a decorator and she came and helped me pick out the paint.  So grateful for her expertise.  I couldn't be happier!


So I have to throw in a funny thing that happened.  Mallory is in charge of all the announcements that go out to her ward in Provo.  She does a beautiful job creating the announcements and drawing peoples attention to what is happening in the student ward.  She sent this out.  I'll let you look at it for a minute.


She also sent this to her family to see what she had created.  Andrew looked at it and said, "Oh, I would go to Gam's church!"  We all had a good laugh over that.  Way to go Andrew!!  And, I'm glad that you would go to my church if I created one!  Love that boy and his sense of humor.  







No comments:

Post a Comment