Saturday, August 10, 2024

One More Celebration

 Today was a fun day to top of my 80th birthday celebrations.  Lynda Ann and I drove to Provo where we met Susan and Mallory for lunch at Joe Vera's.  Our favorite Mexican place on Center Street. I would love to have had a picture but Susan absolutely abhors pictures of herself and so I try not to push that agenda very often.  We had a delicious lunch and then sat around the table and talked for a good hour after.  Susan said that my 80th birthday deserved some extra gifts and she wasn't kidding.  Gift cards to Talbots, Beans & Brews and Roxbury.  My three favorite places!!  She also surprised me with an ornate candle holder.  It is unique!

I love getting these on my birthday because Talbots always has their big summer clearance sale around the end of August and I can get things for 70% of the mark down price.  I seriously find some great deals!  
Beans and Brews will be saved to use when the cold weather sets in and a morning hot chocolate just hits the spot.  I even have Neal addicted to their hot chocolate!
My very favorite aroma bath wash.  Smells wonderful and soothing!
This is a cut make up bag or what ever you want to put in it bag.  Love the saying.
This present was the biggest surprise and topped them all!  A squirrel candle holder.  Who would have thought there was such a thing.  I just love it!
After we said our goodbyes to Susan, Lynda, Mallory and I headed to the mall.  Annie had some issues she wanted to get straightened out with AT&T (which she certainly held her ground and got what she needed from them).  She handled the situation very calmly, intelligently and firmly.  From there we went in the mall and hit Bath & Body and then a store that sold Peanuts and Snoopy t-shirts.  Of course we all had to have one.  

It was a perfect day.  On the way home, Annie let me read her journal describing the events leading up to my divorcing her dad, the hurt she and I went through and most important, her finding her testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  When I think back of those tender years when she was a teen and trying to navigate through her parents divorcing and her dads issues, I am amazed and proud of the beautiful daughter, wife and mother she has become and is.  She has a lot to be proud of.  

So, I shall put an end to my 80th celebrations and tell my children, my grandchildren and everyone who had a part in any of them, THANK YOU!  I feel so loved, needed and cared for!  


No comments:

Post a Comment